Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Readers Response Journal # 2

Title of my book: Bull Rider
Author of my book: Marilyn Havorson
Pages read: Page 50 - Page 75



My book Bull Rider by Marilyn Havorson is about a boy named Layne and his little sister Tara [Terror as Layne calls her] that they keep big secrets from their mom. After Layne's little bull riding accident Jana's grandfather Chase Kincaid started to train Layne on bull riding . Chase is training Layne because Chase used to be one of the greatest bull riders of all time right before Layne's dad was killed. Layne's father was inspired by chase Kincaid.

I can infer that Layne's mother doesn't think that bull riding is safe [especially after what happened to his dad]. The book says " No Layne," said mom in a tight voice. Her eyes met mine again. "Not bull riding. You know how I feel about that." I knew all right. We'd been through this so many times before it was like living in an instant replay. But this tome I fought back. " Yeah and you know how I feel about it too." " I don't care how you feel," Mom shot back. "All I know is that I watched a bull kill my husband and there's no way I'll risk watching one kill my son." [Page 2, paragraph3, 4th sentence].

No comments: